Rhubarb is a fantastic ingredient to use this time of year in Europe!
Fresh and plentiful and just full of natural sweetness it can be enjoyed in so many ways!
Thats why I am trying to show you different recipes to how to use rhubarb even more this year with my making and baking to give some more inspiration on how to use it!
Here’s a lovely cake to make this summer with the added flavour, crunch and texture of some delicious almonds.
- ½ cup Apple Sauce
- 2 Eggs or Flax Seed Eggs
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- ¾ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Cup Sliced Rhubarb
- ⅓ Cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175c and prepare a baking tin of your liking as you can see I used a circular one.
- In one mixing bowl add all of the wet ingredients and mix together.
- In another mix bowl add together the dry ingredients leaving a few almonds to decorate the top.
- Mixture both bowls together but not too much just enough to ensure all the mixture gets coated.
- Spoon out mixture into the baking tin.
- Sprinkle the left over almonds on top.
- Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes until golden brown
- Remove and leave to cool down.