Picked up a big bag of cheap bananas at the local supermarket the other day so went into baking overload.
The only thing you have to do when you have lot’s of banana’s that you need to use.
Also fresh Danish strawberries are out everywhere at the moment and smelling and tasting delicious so I thought it would be a good time to make another summer inspired fresh strawberry and banana granola to have for my breakfast every morning this week!
If you do not have any fresh strawberries to hand or just have a bag of frozen ones in the freezer to use then of course you can use those. You will just have to defrost them before.
For the recipe you will need some strawberry puree which is super easy and simple to make, just blend up one cup of strawberries with a hand blender until you get nice smooth consistency, I told you it was easy.
- 4 Cup's Big Oats
- 1 Cup Plain Nut's - I used Sunflower Seed's and Hazelnuts
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- ⅓ Cup Dark Syrup, Agave or Raw Honey
- Strawberry Puree (see description)
- 3 Medium Mashed Banana's
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl add all of your dried ingredients and combine.
- Now time to mix in the other ingredients to the bowl and stir.
- Spread out the mixture evenly over the baking tray so it cooks evenly and place in the oven.
- After 15-20 minutes remove and stir the granola around to make sure everything get's cooked evenly and cook for another 15-20 minutes and remove and leave to cool down.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container till you need to eat this amazing granola!