I LOVE making my own homemade granola and especially because when you use ingredients (well maybe not fresh vanilla pods here in Denmark) but other seasonal ingredients grown close to home then you can keep on making new and different versions!
Here’s a fresh summer version for all you guys and girls, fresh vanilla pods and rhubarb that I picked up recently very cheap from a local supermarket here in Copenhagen, fresh Danish organic rhubarb.
The granola turned out amazing and nice and crunchy!
Simple and naturally sweet. For the Rhubarb puree just cook up some rhubarb with a little bit of water till soft and then blend up till nice and smooth thats how simple it is!
- 4 Cup's Big Oats
- 1 Cup Plain Nut/Seeds - I used Sunflower Seed's, Almonds and Pumpkin
- 1 Vanilla Pod Scrapped
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- ⅓ Cup Dark Syrup, Agave or Raw Honey
- 1 Cup Rhubarb Puree
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl add all of your dried ingredients and combine.
- Now time to mix in the other ingredients to the bowl and stir.
- Spread out the mixture evenly over the baking tray so it cooks evenly and place in the oven.
- After 20-25 minutes remove and stir the granola around to make sure everything get's cooked evenly and cook for another 20-25 minutes and remove and leave to cool down.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container till you need to eat this amazing granola!