I love when summer comes around as new seasonal fresh ingredients are here to enjoy, make and bake with and alot more colour as well.
I am a big fan of rhubarb as you can use it in a wide range of different recipes from cakes, muffins, breads, smoothies, drinks and also things like this recipe.
I made up a batch of this and will use it in another recipe soon as well so keep an eye out for that one.
Honey and Ginger go hand in hand for me and the addition of the rhubarb too adds some new flavours to the mixture!
- 4 Cups Diced Rhubarb
- 1-1.5 Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-2 Teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger (depends how gingery you like it)
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow to similar for around 15-20 minutes
- The rhubarb should of broken down by now to create a smoother consistency.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool down before enjoying.
- Can be kept into an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days!