Something its the simple recipes like this one that shows you making and baking does not have to be hard or difficult. Just a handful of ingredients and you can make this delicious chocolate brownie flat style cake!
I was adapting this recipe from another and added my own twist with some fresh and freeze dried raspberries to make it instagrammable (my wordpress is telling me this is not a word and is incorrect but we all know that is not the truth)
The original recipe required some butter but I substituted this with some lovely sweet apple sauce which meant at the same time I could reduced the sugar as well! Double winning!
This style of cake is meant to be nice and flat so don’t be scared when you pull it out of the oven and after it has cooled down its not very big!
- 2 Eggs or Flax Seed Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar (optional)
- ½ Cup Apple Sauce
- 1.5 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 4 Tablespoon Cacao Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Cup Raspberry (Fresh or Frozen but defrosted)
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chip/Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare a round baking tray with some baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, apple and vanilla sauce.
- In another mixing bowl add the flour, cacao powder and salt and combine.
- Add the two bowls together and stir until everything has combined, if a little dry add a little more apple sauce.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and chocolate and spoon out the mixture into your baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool down completely before enjoying