Delicious cake containing a vegetable then topping off with a dark chocolate and peanut butter topping what more could you ask for?
Pumpkin this time of year is always on my mind, as when you buy a big pumpkin and start to chop it up, 30 minutes later you have a tired hand but tonnes of fresh pumpkin and seeds to get experimental with and make so many fun sweet or savoury goodies!
To make the dark chocolate and peanut butter topping it is super simple. Once the cake has cooled down completely, melt around 100grams of dark chocolate and then pour over the top of the cake. Now melt some peanut butter adding a little bit of coconut oil to help it melt and once you have a creamy peanut butter mixture drizzle over the dark chocolate layer and gently run a tip of a knife through to create fun patterns.
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Syrup, Honey and Agave
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- Zest from an Orange
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Prepare a square baking tray with some baking paper and preheat the oven to 175c
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix together but not too much just enough to make sure everything has been combined.
- Spoon out the cake mixture into the baking tray spreading out evenly.
- Place in the oven and baking for 25 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool down for 20-25 minutes before removing from the baking tray.
- See description for the chocolate and peanut butter topping instructions