Check out how delicious, yummy and chocolatey these brownies look!
Even when they had cooled down there was chocolate everywhere.
I decided to try out a new combination of three ingredients within these brownies that would work and pair up so well and oh yes they did.
First of all you cannot have brownies without some chocolate! Then came some fresh Orange Zest and Juice to zing them up a little and then add some crunchy nut taste with some chopped up Almonds you have a perfect combination for these brownies.
I had alot of love for these on Instagram when I teased a photo of them so I thought I would quickly write this recipe post so you can get down and make them this weekend!
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- ⅔ Cup Flour - your choice (if using wholewheat more Applesauce maybe required)
- 2 Large Eggs or Flax Seed Eggs
- Juice and Zest from one Orange.
- 10 Tablespoon Apple Sauce
- ½ Cup Chopped Almonds
- 100gram Dark Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 155c and prepare a small square baking tin.
- In one mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and mix together.
- In another mixing bowl stir together the eggs and orange juice and zest and apple sauce.
- Combine both bowl together stirring together but not too much, if a little dry add some more apple sauce.
- Gently fold in most of the chopped almonds leaving some for decorating the top and chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture out into the baking tin and finish off with some almonds sprinkled on top.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down completely before enjoying!