Who doesn’t love making, baking, smelling and enjoying the wonders of a homemade banana bread!
Each time I make a banana bread recipe I will try jazz it up a little and push the boundaries to try and some something new, interesting and of course delicious.
This time I decided on three types of ingredients – Date Caramel Puree, Chocolate and Coconut!
First of all they all work so well with one another.
Secondly to make this date caramel puree is super easy – soak 10-12 pitted dates for 10 minutes in hot water, drain and blender until creamy and smooth. There you go and this puree is so versatile you can use it in so many recipes or just as a dipping sauce for some freshly cut up fruit.
- 3.5 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Shredded Coconut
- 3 Medium Bananas
- 4 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- ⅓ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 4 Tablespoon Honey, Agave or Syrup
- Date Caramel Puree
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare a baking loaf tin with some baking paper.
- Add all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir.
- In another mixing bowl add all of the wet ingredients and combine together.
- Combine and mix together the two bowls making sure you do not over mix.
- Spoon out the mixture, spreading out evenly and for Instagram effect add a whole banana sliced in half to the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 50-60 minutes, if the top browns too much you can cover it with some tin foil so the insides can cook still.
- Remove and leave to cool down for 10-20 minutes in the tin before removing and leaving to cool down completely.