I have made another ginger cake in the past and it was too good to not try it out again with a little twist and new look to it!
This delicious ginger cake has a good healthy kick of flavour from some fresh grated ginger in the ingredients list and finished off with a nice coating of dark chocolate and a sprinkle of sesame seeds!
Throwing in a handful of some chopped up plain almonds and dark chocolate and you have got yourself a delicious cake to enjoy!
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Syrup, Honey and Agave
- ¼ Cup Apple Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 150g of Dark Chocolate
- Handful of Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- Prepare a square baking tray with some baking paper and preheat the oven to 175c
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients, apart from 100g of Chocolate and the Sesame seeds, and mix together but not too much just enough to make sure everything has been combined.
- Spoon out the cake mixture into the baking tray spreading out evenly.
- Place in the oven and baking for 25 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool down for 20-25 minutes before removing from the baking tray.
- Once cooled down melt the remaining 100g of Dark Chocolate and pour over the top of the cake, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and place in the fridge to cool and harden before enjoying!