Check out this little beauty of a recipe! I recently for a super cheap to be honest it was pretty much free some sugar free icing sugar so I had to put it to good use but of course any icing sugar will work perfectly fine!
This chocolate cake using the zest and juice from some fresh oranges and add and works so well with the dark chocolate flavours with some refreshing icing sugar this cake taste and looks delicious why wouldn’t you want to try making, baking and eating this!
If you want to make the top frosting it is super easy to make. 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar, 2 Tablespoon Orange Juice and mix together, you may need a little extra water, but you would like to form a paste like consistency. Spoon out and spread over the top of the cool down chocolate cake. If you want to add the chocolate pattern then just drizzle some melted chocolate in lines across the top of the icing. Then with the tip of a knife just run down the centre of the lines to form some fancy patterns!
- 3 Medium Mashed Banana's
- ⅓ Cup Honey, Agave or Syrup
- 2 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg or Flax Seed Egg
- ½ Cup Yogurt
- Juice and Zest from 1 Orange
- 1.5 Cup Flour
- 1.5 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare square baking tray with some baking paper.
- Add in your wet ingredients to your mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Throw in the flour, baking soda, vanilla and cocoa powder and stir.
- Gently fold in the chocolate pieces.
- Spoon out the mixture into your baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool down before removing and/or doing your frosting (see description)