If you haven’t seen from some of my previous recipes and posts on instagram that you know I do like to make some simply but delicious no bake raw style recipes! And this one has joined the other recipes!
I have planted up some herbs on my balcony here in Copenhagen and one of them being some fresh mint, love the stuff. So I thought it was a good time to throw a handful of mint into a new recipe for a lovely kick of fresh new flavours! Chocolate, Mint and Liquorice with a handful of nuts, a perfect combination.
I made these in a larger baking tray so they are pretty flat and thin but if you want them a little more thick and chunky then go ahead be more creative and put your own little touch on them, but remember to show them off on instrgram and tag me in it so I can see your creation!
With these as well I made a little peanut butter coating which was super easy to make just by heating up 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter with 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil before spreading out over the top of the bars after they have harden up!
- 1 Cup Mix Seeds and Nuts - I used sunflower, pumkin, almonds and peanuts
- 5 Tablespoons of Shredded Coconut
- 4 Tablespoon Chia Seeds or Ground Flax Seeds
- 3 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Oats
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 5 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2-3 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1-2 Teaspoon Liquorice Powder
- Line your chosen baking tray with some baking paper and leave to the side.
- Add the Seeds, Nuts, Coconut, Chia/Flax Seeds, Cocoa Powder and Oats into a food processor and blend until you get a nice crumbly mixture.
- Remove and place into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the food processor and blend until a paste like consistency forms.
- Now add in the mixture from the bowl and blend until everything combines together.
- Remove mixture and spread out evenly into your baking tray,
- Place in the fridge or freezer to harden before enjoying or making your peanut butter topping!