Guess who’s back, back again! Muffins back tell a friend!
My trusty muffin recipe is back and I decided to include some chocolate and fresh fig into the mixture and oh boy these are good!
Once the fig has been mixed up all together with the other amazing ingredients, I love the taste and texture it gives these muffins, every bite you take you can taste it!
So lets get down to the real reason why you are on the site for the recipe, so no more talking here it is!
- ⅓ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Honey, Syrup or Agave
- 2 Flax Seed Eggs or Eggs
- 3 Medium Mashed Banana's
- 2 Tablespoon Milk or Water
- 2 Fresh Figs - finely chopped up
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1¾ Cup Flour - I used Wholewheat and Spelt Flour and worked very well!
- 100gram Dark Chocolate Chunk, Chips, Pieces
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare some muffins moulds for later.
- In a large mixing bowl add your oil, honey, eggs, mashed banana's, milk and fresh figs and stir together.
- Add in your Baking Powder, Soda, cocoa powder and Flour and incorporate everything together.
- Gently fold in the dark chocolate
- Spoon out your mixture into the muffins moulds to around 80% full.
- Optional: You can decorate the top with some fresh sliced strawberries, bananas or chocolate before placing in the oven.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Remove and leave to cool down before enjoying these delicious muffins!