This year I have gone fresh fig crazy not just eating them but making and baking with them as you may have and will see from the recipes popping up on here and my instagram feed!
Love the flavour and texture that the figs give, it’s so good that I had to incorporate them both within and on top of these brownies.
I am still enjoying these brownies in the morning with my coffee from the batch I created for this recipe, so now it is your turn to give them ago.
- 10 Pitted Dates - soaked for 10 minutes in warm water
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ Cup Honey, Syrup or Agave
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Banana
- 1-2 Figs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1.5 Baking Soda
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare a square baking tin with some baking paper for later.
- While you soak the dates, in a saucepan heat up the chocolate, honey and coconut oil until melted, leave to the side to cool down.
- Meanwhile drain the water from the dates and blend them together with the avocado, banana and figs.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir together.
- Now add the flour and baking soda and stir together
- Spoon out the mixture into the baking tray, spreading out evenly.
- If you want to decorate the top of the brownies with figs, time to do it now.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool down in the baking tray before removing