What if I told you that this recipe contained no butter or any oil in fact!
Well I just did, this delicious crunchy cookie recipe has just a handful of ingredients and they are a perfect snack.
I decided to keep these cookies similar with addition of some almonds and pumpkin seeds to add some extra crunch but of course if you fancy adding some more or swapping it for some dark chocolate or dried fruit be my guest I am sure they will turn out great. Make sure if you do this share them with me on Instagram and tag me @nutritiosteps so I can see your cookie creation.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Large Oats
- ¼ Cup Oat Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Cup Agave, Syrup or Honey
- ¼ Cup Chopped Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare some baking trays for your cookie mixture later on
- In a food processor add all of the ingredients together and process until the mixture starts to come into a ball.
- If the mixture is still not coming together you may have to add a little extra agave/syrup/honey and more oats if its the opposite.
- Once done, drop 1 large tablespoon of mixture onto the baking tray making sure to spread them out good distance from one another and press down gently.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool down before enjoying.