Recently I have planted some fresh mint on my apartments balcony here in Copenhagen and it has been growing very quickly, I don’t know whether it likes this warm, cold, rainy, grey, up and down kind of weather (not me) but I have got alot of it to use!
So my imagination is starting to go and I will be using fresh mint in some of my recipes but why not its a great herb so fresh and full of flavour.
These brownie style squares are super easy and simple to make and taste delicious! The fresh mint and chocolate pieces are perfect mid morning pick me up snack!
- 2 Eggs or Flax Seed Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar (optional)
- ½ Cup Apple Sauce
- 1.5 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 4 Tablespoon Cacao Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks, Pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare a square baking tray with some baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, apple and vanilla sauce.
- In another mixing bowl add the flour, cacao powder and salt and combine.
- Add the two bowls together and stir until everything has combined, if a little dry add a little more apple sauce.
- Gently fold in the fresh mint and chocolate and spoon out the mixture into your baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool down completely before enjoying