The colder darker nights are slowly approaching so time to make some homemade granola that suits this time of each.
I was looking around the kitchen to see what I could use as ingredients for my next granola and ended up trying this one out.
And what a great granola it turned out to be!
When you grate your pear afterwards just squeeze out as much water from the pears as possible makes the granola bake alot quicker and still keep the crunch.
- 4 Cup's Big Oats
- 1 Cup Plain Nut's - I used Sunflower Seed's, Pumpkin and Peanuts
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¾ Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Dark Syrup, Agave or Raw Honey
- ⅓ Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 Medium Beetroot Grated
- 2 Large Pears Grated
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- Time to peal your beetroot and then grab your pears to grate. (remember to squeeze out the liquid)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add all of your dried ingredients and combine.
- Now time to mix in the wet ingredients and combine well making sure everything is well coated.
- Spread out the mixture evenly over the baking tray so it cooks evenly and place in the oven.
- After 15-20 minutes remove and stir the granola around to make sure everything get's cooked evenly and cook for another 15-20 minutes and remove and leave to cool down.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container till you need to eat this amazing granola!