Nowadays there are so many new, fun and interesting recipes to make cheesecake and this is one of them!
Cheesecake now can be made with so many different varied ingredients thats the joy of getting into the kitchen and experimenting with food and recipes!
If you haven’t heard of Agar Agar before then I will give you a quick insight: Agar is extracted from Algae, yes that sounds strange but don’t worry its fantastic ingredient. It works the same way as gelatine so using Agar instead is a perfect for vegans!
The recipe makes a large cheesecake around 20cm but for mine, what you see in the photos, uses half the amounts to make two small cheesecakes to let you know.
- 1 Cup Dates
- 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup Shredded Coconut
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Oats
- ¼ Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Cheesecake Topping
- 2 Cans Light Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Sliced Strawberries
- Zest and Juice of One Lime
- ¼ Cup Syrup, Honey or Agave
- 3.5 Teaspoon Agar Agar
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- First prepare your round baking tin with some baking paper if needed so you can easily remove it later on.
- Combine all the base ingredients into a food processor and blend for 5-10 minutes until you get a nice crumbly well mixed mixture.
- Remove and press firmly into the baking tin with your fingers or back of a spoon, spreading out evenly.
- Place in the fridge or freezer while you make the topping.
- Add the coconut milk, strawberries lime zest and juice and syrup into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and add the agar agar and stir.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and turn down the heat so the mixture simmers for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add the coconut oil to the mixture and stir until melted.
- Pour the mixture back into the food processor/blender and blend for a minute.
- Let this mixture sit and cool down for around 20 minutes.
- Once cooled pour the mixture over the base and gently tap the side to spread out and remove air bubbles as much as possible.
- Place cheesecake back into the fridge over night or for couple of hours until set.
- Slice and enjoy!