Who wouldn’t want some cake for breakfast?!?! Especially when it has some lovely fresh orange juice and zest in the mixture to compliment the dark chocolate pieces throughout the squares.
I love making and baking this sort of recipe that you can enjoy at any time of the day! Cake for breakfast you say! Yes why not when it contains the ingredients like this one does, there’s no harm in having a square as part of your morning breakfast or why not by the side of your midmorning coffee or whenever you feel like it!
- 3 Mashed Banana's
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Juice and Zest from an Orange
- ¼ Cup Apple Sauce
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2¼ Cups Oat Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 100grams Dark Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare a square baking tin with some baking paper.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into a food processor and blend until nice and smooth.
- Apart from the chocolate add the remaining ingredients and process until it has been all incorporated.
- Fold in the dark chocolate to the mixture.
- Spoon out into your baking tray spreading out evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool down in the tin before removing.