Autumn is around us now which means more time inside due to the colder, darker night but at the same time looking at the positive can also mean more time in the kitchen and new ingredients to use in recipes!
I started off by using one of my all time favourite muffin recipes but swapping a few of the ingredients within the recipe to suit this time of year.
Adding some grated fresh apple and cinnamon brings these muffins perfectly suited for this time of year!
- ⅓ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Honey, Syrup or Agave
- 2 Flax Seed Eggs or Eggs
- 3 Medium Mashed Banana's
- 2 Tablespoon Milk or Water
- 1 Grated Apple (squeeze out as much of the juice as possible)
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1¾ Cup Flour - I used Wholewheat and Spelt Flour and worked very well!
- ⅓ Cup Pulsed Almonds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 175c and prepare some muffins moulds for later.
- In a large mixing bowl add your oil, honey, eggs, mashed banana's, milk and grated apple and stir together.
- Add in your Baking Powder, Soda, Cinnamon Powder, Pulsed Almonds and Flour and incorporate everything together.
- Spoon out your mixture into the muffins moulds to around 80% full.
- Optional: You can decorate the top with some fresh sliced strawberries, bananas or chocolate before placing in the oven.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Remove and leave to cool down before enjoying these delicious muffins!